Valid XHTML 1.0!

Valid CSS!

Product: Audio CD
Title: The Adventures Of Priscilla, Queen Of The Desert: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
Label: Island
Artist: Various Artists
Rating: 4/5
Customer rating - 4 out of 5
discard that veil girls,and click clack those ruby slippers


For anybody who has ever yearned to don a frock,tons-a-warpaint and let themselves "GO GIRL!" this cd is definitely for you (that includes you pent up closet-flower types;I believe one can carry a walkman around almost anywhere).Close those MAC mascara lids and SMELL the polyester>This cd possesses all of the campy fun of the seventies without the bad hair and artificial fabric-ya don't even have to be 'family' to enjoy it.



Product: Audio CD
Title: Original Pirate Material
Label: Vice/Atlantic
Artist: The Streets
Rating: 5/5
Customer rating - 5 out of 5
The lyrics make this album what it is:


I bought this album after hearing a few of the songs, I don?t regret it, but you need to know a few things about it first.
It is very well done. The songs ?sound? the same. The album is about the lyrics, NOT the music, but the music totally sets the mood and I really like it. Track 6 (Geezers Need Excitement) is a good example, the synth sounds totally set a mood of despair, well done.
This CD is very much a political commentary, including the Criminal Justice Bill, weed, drinking, being poor, despair/depression, etc. ? however, it is in a way that actually makes you think, but not a joke or serious, boring way, it just works.
Track 7 is kinda lame, but all the other songs are pretty darn good.
I gave this album 5 star because it not only entertains you, but it educates you and is good for reflecting on life. It is not only a CD, but something that makes you THINK.
Finally, the last track is great. It basically goes back to the whole despair deal, it covers the fact life is hard and sucks, and that even if things are going good in your life, that could all change in a hurry. A very good life lesson, no matter how you look at it.
I really recommend this album.



Product: Audio CD
Title: Hilary Duff
Label: Hollywood Records
Artist: Hilary Duff
Rating: 1/5
Customer rating - 1 out of 5
Hilary,just a stupid girl-by Joel(not the real Joel Madden)


wow, somebody must be just trying to make a quick buck. This phony girl. Did you know that the voice that you're listening to on this CD isn't really Hillarys! They mix her voice with somebody else's voice and its 70% the other girls/30% Hillary's. Now, for the CD. Pathetic, probably the worst CD i've heard since William Hung "Inspiration." Sorry, every song sounds like the same dreary, boring, and negative music. Just another manufactured singer off of disney channel, no talent whatsoever.



Product: Audio CD
Title: Lodger
Label: Virgin Records
Artist: David Bowie
Rating: 4/5
Customer rating - 4 out of 5
"Lodger" is good, but weakest link in the Berlin trilogy


"Lodger," the third and final installment in what Bowie fans call the "Berlin Trilogy," is a marvelous album in and of itself. As part of the trilogy, it is slightly weaker. The singles released from this album, "DJ" and "Fashion," are solid pop songs. However, my favorite cuts are "Boys Keep Swinging" and "Look Back in Anger." The latter has a fascinating video (Bowie was a video pioneer) showing Bowie as a painter in reverse "Dorian Gray" scenario -- whatever happens to the painting happens to Bowie. Two rarely mentioned tracks, "Red Sails" and "Yassasin" (Turkish for "long life") are superior in many ways to "Fashion." The most depressing track on this album is definitely "Repetition," which is about spousal abuse. Bowie has a lot of interesting things to say on this album ... and it sets the stage for better works yet to come.